Sequences - what are they?
Once you’ve created Templates of your outbound messages, it’s time to turn them into Sequences! Sequences are combinations of your Templates and are used to communicate with your prospects. There are two types of Templates you can craft in Growbots: Initial and Follow-up. Every Sequence has to contain an Initial message, adding Follow-ups is not mandatory, but highly recommended! You can add an unlimited number of follow-ups to your Sequences. Sequences are built on Variants of the Templates you have in Messages. Each Sequence doesn’t have a limit on the number of Variants, both for Initial templates and Follow-ups.
How to create Sequences?
Follow the below-listed steps in order to create Sequences:
- Head to Messages in the main menu on the left-hand sight
- Choose Sequences. You’ll be redirected to the page in which you can see all your Sequences and create new ones.
- Choose Add new sequence -- a window will appear in which you’ll be able to select the name of the sequence as well as add Variants.
- Click on Add variant and search for and select Templates on which you’d like to build your new Sequence or create a new Template (choosing the right type of the Template while creating them is essential since you cannot use a Follow-up as an Initial message, and vice versa).
- Select the time settings for your Templates.
- After adding a Template as a Variant hit Save & Choose. You can add as many Variants as you wish to each of the parts of the Sequence.
- After adding your first Variants of the Initial message, you can select Follow-ups and their Variants.
While adding Follow-up Templates, a new option appears, which lets you choose after how many days you’d like the next message to be sent. We advise you to add multiple Templates with different timing settings to test which strategy works better for you!
You can also choose Automatic Growbots time. Growbots will help you automatically optimize your campaigns by choosing the right timing conditions for initial message and follow-ups.
After adding a Template as a Variant to your Sequence, you can preview the message and edit the Template (please note that if you edit a Template in the Sequence view, the Template will be altered in all other Sequences as well!). You can also switch off some of the Variants you don’t want to use by clicking the blue button next to the Template’s name. You can always see the inactive ones by clicking the Inactive button.
When you add a step to already finished sequence, stopped threads will become paused (which means you can reschedule them and make those new messages go out).
What are Variants and why would I need them?
Variants are an essential part of A/B testing with Growbots. Adding Variants to your Sequences lets you compare different approaches and versions of your Templates in order to achieve the best results possible. Each Template has its own statistics, so you can easily see the differences in Open and Reply Rates and decide which Variant performs better. If you’ve already used the Templates to create Sequences before, while adding new Variants to your new Sequence, you can see how they’ve performed in the past and craft perfect Sequences.
Once you’ve added a satisfactory number of Sequence steps and Variants to your Sequence, you can hit Save in the top right corner. Congrats! You’ve just created a Sequence! Now, you can go to Sequence view in Messages and see how many steps and Variants your Sequences have, as well as compare the performance of your Sequences:
Remember that you can always edit already-created Sequences, add new steps and Variants, as well as activate/de-activate certain Variants.When you add variants to already scheduled messages, they will be taken into account when scheduling next steps. So e.g. if you have 3 steps sequence scheduled and all your prospects have already received first step, you can add variant to step 2 or 3 - they will be taken into account! Now let’s start testing which one performs best! Let the Outbound Games begin!