We know your main goal with Growbots is to get as many positive replies from your prospects as possible. To ensure your campaigns are performing well, you should analyze your results on a daily basis and draw conclusions in order to improve your content. Remember that the more you test, the more effective your cold mailing can be.
How to read our metrics
In Growbots you will find four basic metrics:
Open rate (OR) - the number of prospects who opened your message in Templates or at least one of your messages in Sequences or Campaigns, divided by the number of prospects who received the message(s).
Click rate (CR) - the number of prospects who clicked on a link in your message in Templates or at least one of your messages in Sequences or Campaigns, divided by the number of prospects who received the message(s).
Reply rate (RR)- the number of prospects who replied to your message in Templates or at least one of your messages in Sequences or Campaigns, divided by the number of prospects who received the message(s).
Warm reply rate (WRR) - the number of prospects who replied to your message in Templates or at least one of your messages in Sequences or Campaigns, in a positive or neutral way divided by the number of prospects who received the message(s). The sentiment of a message is assessed according to algorithms designed by our Data Science team with over 90% accuracy.
It’s vitally important to understand what can have an impact upon each metric
- Open rate - the deliverability, timing, subject line, and opening line can all have an influence. That’s why you should care about your email reputation and follow best practices for sending limits. You will find all relevant tips here.
- Reply rate - the number of replies you will receive depends on the quality of your content and call to action. Remember to focus your content on how prospects will benefit from working with you and use a strong, direct CTA to make their next steps easier.
- Click rate - depends on the relevance of the link you include e.g. a case study or an interesting article. To help keep this rate high, make sure to include valuable and relevant content. You should include no more than 1 or -2 links in a single message.
- Warm reply rate - making sure you target the right prospects and showing how you can solve their problems will increase the likelihood of a positive reply rate. Remember to focus on their needs, not your company.
NOTE: In order to measure OR and CR you need to enable open and click tracking in your settings. After doing that, we highly recommend setting up a CNAME record, which is crucial if you want to keep your email deliverability perfect (here's an article about it).
Where you can check your results
Templates - here you can see the results for each template. These stats present overall rates for anytime a given template was used in any sequence or campaign. Remember that individual messages will have lower results (RR and WRR) than entire sequences or campaigns which consist of multiple messages. Follow-ups always increase the probability of receiving replies from your prospects!
By having results for each template, it’s easy to see how the separate messages are performing and to build a master sequence that includes only the best initial message and top-performing follow-ups.
Sequences - show you the overall results of all the messages in a particular flow. Remember that they can be used with different targets, so sometimes you can improve your results not only by adjusting content but also by changing your targeted prospects.
Campaigns - show you the global results of each campaign: as a combination of sequences and targets. You can see here how different sequences work for different target groups and verify which prospects are most responsive to your campaigns.
If you’d like to see the number of all the prospects on your account you’ll need to click on the My Prospects tab. There you can use filters to check how many prospects have a certain Status or have completed certain activities (opening an email or, clicking on a link, etc.) in all of your campaigns together.
If you’d like to see the number of active sequences you’ll need to filter by STEP → In progress:
If you’d like to see the number of opened messages you’ll need to filter by EVENTS → Opened:
If you’d like to see the number of clicked messages you’ll need to filter by EVENTS → Clicked:
If you’d like to see the number of all replies you’ll need to filter by STATUS → Warm reply and Cold reply:
If you’d like to see the number of warm replies/warm leads you’ll need to filter by STATUS → Warm reply:
You can also measure your results in a specific campaign or in all campaigns during a specific time period. To do so, you have to add one more filter to your search, which is Step Activity.
- On average our customers achieve a 50% open rate, 12% reply rate, and 2.5% warm reply rate. Treat those as your first benchmarks and try to achieve such results. After you manage to do so, then work on your content, run A/B tests, and personalize by including more custom fields to join the group of top performers (OR>60%, RR> 20%, WRR>8%).
- If you don’t already know which timing, subject line, or CTA will work best then- send different versions of your messages and compare the results of A/B tests. Remember to only change one element at a time.
- Don’t become discouraged if your results aren't satisfactory after sending the first message in a campaign. Remember that follow-ups increase results and the chances of receiving positive replies from your prospects. Outbound is a marathon, not a sprint.
Performance reports containing not only results, but also credits spent and new prospects contacted will give you a better overview of different target groups, campaigns, and users in your organization. We provide our users with the ability to export data related to their performance within the application.
You can find the reports on the Dashboard by clicking on the Reports tab!
There you can choose:
- what type of report you want to generate (choose an option on the left)
- whether you want the report to contain only imported prospects, just those generated in Growbots, or both of these categories
- the time range within which you want to check your results.
The only thing left to do is download the report by clicking the Download button, and your custom report will be exported! If you want to create a custom report that is not available in the app, you can always reach out to our Support team via live chat!
You can read a bit more about the Growbots reports and statistics in this article.