We know your main goal with Growbots is to get as many positive replies from your prospects as possible. To ensure your campaigns are performing well, you should analyze your results on a daily basis and draw conclusions in order to improve your content. Remember that cold mailing is best when you utilize testing, so the more you test, the better!
How to read our metrics
In Growbots you will find four basic metrics:
Open rate (OR) - number of prospects who opened the message (in Templates) or at least one of the messages (in Sequences or Campaigns) divided by the number of prospects who received this message.
Reply rate (RR)- number of prospects who replied to your message (in Templates) or at least one of the messages (in Sequences or Campaigns) divided by the number of prospects who received this message.
Click rate (CR) - number of prospects who clicked a link in a message (in Templates) or at least one of the messages (in Sequences or Campaigns) divided by the number of prospects who received this message.
Warm leads rate (WLR) - number of prospects who replied to your the message (in Templates) or at least one of the messages (in Sequences or Campaigns) in a positive or neutral way divided by the number of prospects who received this message. The sentiment of the message is assessed by algorithms designed by our Data Science team with over 90% accuracy.
It’s super important to understand what can impact each metric:
- Open rate - deliverability, timing, subject line, and the opening line can all have an influence. That’s why you should care about your email reputation and follow best practices for sending limits. You will find all the tips on timing, subject and opening line here.
- Reply rate - the number of replies you get depends on the quality of your content and your call to action. Remember to focus your content on how prospects will benefit from working with you and use a strong, direct CTA to make their next step easier.
- Click rate - depends on the relevance of the link you include e.g. case study, interesting article. To help keep this rate high, make sure to include valuable and relevant content. You should use no more than 1-2 links in one message.
- Warm leads rate - making sure you target the right prospects and show them how you can solve their problems will increase the likelihood of a positive reply rate. Remember to focus on their needs, not your company.
Where you can check your results
Templates - here you can see the results of each template. The stats here present overall rates for anytime this template was used in any sequence or campaign. Remember that individual messages will have lower results (RR and WLR) than entire sequences or campaigns which consist of multiple messages. Follow-ups always increase the chances that you will get replies from your prospects!
By having results for each template, it’s easy to see how the separate messages are performing and build a master sequence which includes only the best initial message and top-performing follow-ups.
Sequences - show you the overall results of all the messages in this flow. Remember that they can be used with different targets so sometimes you can improve your results not only by adjusting content but by changing your targeted prospects.
Campaigns - show you the global results of each campaign: a combination of a sequence and targets. You can see here how different sequences work for different target groups and verify which prospects are most responsive to your campaigns.
If you’d like to see the number of all prospects on your account you’ll need to go to Prospects tab:
If you’d like to see the number of active sequences you’ll need to filter by STEP → In progress:
If you’d like to see the number of opened messages you’ll need to filter by EVENTS → Opened:
If you’d like to see the number of clicked messages you’ll need to filter by EVENTS → Clicked:
If you’d like to see the number of all replies you’ll need to filter by STATUS → Warm reply and Cold reply:
If you’d like to see the number of warm replies/warm leads you’ll need to filter by STATUS → Warm reply:
- On average our customers achieve 50% open rate, 12% reply rate, and 2.5% warm leads rate. Treat it as your first benchmark and try to achieve such results. After you do, work on your content, run an A/B tests, add personalization and join the group of top performers (OR>60%, RR> 20%, WLR>8%).
- If you don’t know what timing, subject line or CTA will work best, set up different variations of the messages and compare the results of your A/B tests. Remember to test one factor at a time.
- Don’t get discouraged if your results don’t satisfy you after sending the first message in the campaign. Remember that follow-ups increase results and chances that you will get a positive reply from your prospects. Outbound is a marathon, not a sprint.
The great news is that’s not all! In the near future we’re going to further develop reports and add the following features:
- Timespan which will let you see results for a specific period of time.
- Performance reports which will give you a better overview of the results achieved by different target groups, campaigns, and users in your organization.