After writing the introduction, now it's time for the substance of the email. The important thing is: most people do not read emails thoroughly. To save time they only skim the message and decide whether your offer is worth their attention. To win this, you need to remember:
You do not want to be the wall-of-text guy, do you? Establishing a good contact is more important than describing the tiniest features in your product - you'll have the time for this later!
Regardless of what you're trying to sell, a vague language might put a shadow on your product and its presentation. To make it shine, pay attention to things such as spacing, listing and structuring your message. An email is a simple tool, use what it gives you.
- Use spacing to divide your email into sections, consequently making it easier to read.
- Bullet points are fantastic when you want to enumerate the benefits of using your product, using three works like magic. We know what’s up ;)
- Bolding, underlining and italicizing key phrases allows you to emphasize the most vital parts of your message.
- Use simple language, set jargon aside, seek ways not to use colloquial wording as well.
- Try to balance between formal and regular talk, by making your sentences short and understandable.
- The best way to play it out is to stay friendly, and casual, in that case using a positive language is really helpful!
And for the essence - adjust your pitch to emphasize how special your offer is.
- Sell value - try to alter your mindset. Your message should be focusing on "you" and "your" rather than "I, me" and "our".
- Skip the features - center your message around benefits your prospect can get from using your product.
- Play it smart - try to pick only the most important things, and save some aces up your sleeve for later as they may be useful when you're closing the deal.
- Keep the numbers on your side - support your reasoning with data, something that your prospect can relate to.
- Give social proof - use your past experience and challenging cases to prove that you're capable of helping your prospect.
If you need a hand with this, don’t hesitate to notify us on the chat!