Mail-tester is a service that allows you to test numerous aspects of your email delivery system. It tests the health score of your email address, the configuration of your domain, as well as the content of the message itself. Knowing how all of those factors are perceived by the spam-filters gives you a comprehensive insight into the issues with deliverability of your communication and ways to resolve them.
When you hit the wall of spam-filters, it proves to be a blessing. However, it’s a good idea to use it regularly – just to keep your hand on the pulse.
How do you use it in order to get relevant information, though? Follow this short tutorial, to get the most out of Mail tester.
To get the most out of mail-tester, you’ll want to:
- use one of the messages that you actually send to your prospects,
- send it from the email address you use for outbound and
- send the message using Growbots.
To achieve all that, you’ll need to:
- Go to the mail-tester website.
- Copy the email address generated for you by mail-tester. Keep in mind that a new email address is generated every time you refresh the page.
Import a prospect into Growbots with the email address you generated with mail-tester.
You can find the import prospects template CSV file here. It’s a good idea to create a new campaign for that. You can skip the first and last name and stick to just the email address.
If you’re not sure how to import new prospects into Growbots, you can find a detailed walk-through in this article.
- It’s best to do the test using a sequence that you use regularly in your work. Of course, you don’t need to send all the follow-ups – the first message is enough.
To send only the first message, create a clone of the sequence and edit it by deleting the follow-ups.
- Start the campaign by accepting the list prospect containing the "mail-tester prospect". Use the sequence clone you just prepared and the email address you want to test.
- In the Email accounts step make sure to mark the "Send initial message immediately" box.
As for the next steps:
- Wait for the message to be sent (it can take up to 5 minutes). Once it is sent, go back to the mail-tester website.
- Make sure that the email address typed on the page is the one to which the test message was sent. If it’s not, you can paste the correct email address into the mail-tester website.
- Click the "check your score" button. You will be redirected to the results page.
To share the results, just copy the address of the results page and pass it on. Here you can check how to interpret them.