In addition to the prospects that we provide, you might want to use prospects from sources other than Growbots. No issues there - you can import your own list and facilitate our email automation on prospects from outside of Growbots. Here’s how:
- Create a CSV file. The only required field it needs to have is email, but we recommend including other fields, such as location, first_name, company. Location is used for determining prospects’ time zone. You can use this sample CSV file as a template or just look below to see an example of how the file can look like.
- Click Create new campaign button in the top right corner, name your campaign and choose the option to import your own prospects:
- Click Upload file, choose the CSV you’ve created and confirm your choice.
- Step 2 - Import preview. You can quickly take a look at the data to make sure that you've chosen the right file for the importing.
- Step 3 - Import mapping. In this step, you can change your mapping. Growbots will automatically match some of the headers in your file to fields in Growbots, but make sure to check if the matching's correct and adjust the field if necessary, like so:
NOTE: Make sure to import location data (preferably in a format "Europe/London", "America/New York") and choose location in Time zone field; if the field is empty the messages will be sent in PST.
- Step 4 - Import summary. This screen will include the information about the status of your import - whether your prospects imported and if not, which ones didn't and why. Here are the messages that you may encounter on this screen:
Successfully loaded to Growbots
Once the imported file is mapped, you will be given a summary of the import. Here are the possible messages about your import:
Everything is a-ok - your prospects have been imported!
Already loaded to Growbots
The prospects have either been imported before in some other campaign or you’ve generated them via Growbots in another campaign. If they have been accepted, you will be able to find these prospects by pasting their email address into the search bar in All prospects. First you'll need to delete this prospect from the previous project, since you may not upload the person that is already contacted through another project - this would mean duplication and we want to avoid that.
Required field missing
That means that some (or all) of your prospects are lacking email data in the file. If your file has email addresses, then review which header is mapped with email field when reimporting the file.
- Step 5 - Sequences. You're prompted to choose the Sequences you want to use for this campaign. If you're unsure how to proceed in this step, refer to this article!
- Step 6 - Prospecting. If you plan to use all the prospects included in the file, all you need to do is to click Accept all prospects and schedule:
If you'd like to review the list before scheduling the campaign, make sure to read this article (Section: Selecting your prospects) to learn more about how to do that!
- Step 7 - Schedule. You can choose which email the messages will be sent from and how many per day you want to send. Read more. (Section: Schedule).
- Step 8 - Preview and schedule. At this stage, you can check if the timing and content of the messages look alright. Now that everything is set you can click Launch campaign.
- That's it! Your campaign is ready to go! 🚀