Once you’ve created Templates of your outbound messages, it’s time to turn them into Sequences! Sequences are combinations of your Templates and are used to communicate with your prospects. There are two types of Templates you can craft in Growbots: Initial and Follow-up. Every Sequence has to contain an Initial message, adding Follow-ups is not mandatory, but highly recommended. You can add an unlimited number of follow-ups to your Sequences. Sequences are built on Variants of the Templates you have in Messages. Each Sequence doesn’t have a limit on the number of Variants, both for Initial templates and Follow-ups.
Variants are essential part of A/B testing with Growbots. Adding Variants to your Sequences lets you compare different approaches and versions of your Templates in order to achieve the best results possible. Each Template has its own statistics, so you can easily see the differences in Open and Reply Rates and decide which Variant performs better. If you’ve already used the Templates to create Sequences before, while adding new Variants to your new Sequence, you can see how they’ve performed in the past and craft perfect Sequences.
How to create Sequences
Follow the below-listed steps in order to create Sequences:
- Head to Messages in the main menu on the left-hand sight.
- Choose Sequences. You’ll be redirected to the page in which you can see all your Sequences and create new ones.
- Choose Add new sequence - a window will appear in which you’ll be able to select the name of the sequence as well as add Variants.
- Click on Add variant and select a template on which you’d like to build your new Sequence. You can use one of previously prepared templates or create a new one. Remember to choose the right type of template while creating them since you cannot use a Follow-up as an Initial message, and vice versa.
- Select the time settings of your Templates.
- After adding a Template as a Variant, hit Save & Choose. You can add as many Variants as you wish to each of the parts of the Sequence.
- After adding your first Variants of Initial message, you can select Follow-ups and their Variants.
While adding Follow-up Templates, a new option appears, which lets you choose after how many days you’d like the next message to be sent. We recommend you to add multiple Templates with different timing settings to test which strategy works better for you!
- After adding a Template as a Variant to your Sequence, you can preview the message and edit the Template (NOTE: if you edit a Template in the Sequence view, the Template will be altered in all other Sequences as well!). You can also deactivate some of the Variants you don’t want to use by clicking the blue button next to the Template’s name. You can always see the inactive ones by clicking Show Inactive button.
- Once you’ve added a satisfactory number of Sequence steps and Variants to your Sequence, you can hit Save in the top right corner. Congrats! You’ve just created a Sequence! Now, you can go to Sequence view in Messages and see how many steps and Variants your Sequences have, as well as compare the performance of your Sequences:
Remember that you can always edit already-created Sequences, add new steps and Variants, as well as activate/de-activate certain Variants. Now let’s start testing which one performs best! Let the Outbound Games begin!