Selecting best prospects is one of the most vital steps in your outbound campaign. In the Prospects step you will find 50 contacts generated based on the criteria you’ve chosen in the Companies and People sections (first steps of Creating a campaign). You can always add more with the Generate more option:
NOTE: You can generate no more than 1000 prospects at once - the limit is set up to prevent the app from freezing.
In the Prospects section you can use two views (you can switch between them using the button on the view's right side):
- Prospects - here you can find all generated contacts.
- Companies - in this section, you will see all generated contacts grouped by their companies.
If you want to learn more about the generated prospects, you can click on an individual name and you'll be directed to the Info view. This will give you a full perspective of this person and their company. You can also edit all the information about the contact here, like personal and company custom fields. You can also check the previous communications with this prospect (Logs view). You can also go through prospects one by one, without going back to the list view.
Selecting your prospects
When you’re ready to select who you want to contact, you can either:
- Accept all the prospects and schedule messages to send;
- Go through the whole list and decide about contacts one by one.
If you select individuals, you can:
Accept - add this prospect to the group of contact who will receive a message from you.
Reject - delete this contact from the current campaign. It’ll be possible to generate this person in a different campaign. Once you delete them from Rejected - it'll be possible to generate them once again in this campaign.
Blacklist - remove this prospect permanently from all the future campaigns you will create. You can delete the person from Blacklist - it will be possible to generate them again.
NOTE: Remember that you can always do bulk actions by selecting a few prospects or companies. This can make your job easier!
You can check the lists of prospects and companies which were accepted, rejected and blacklisted.
Before you schedule a campaign, go to the Accepted section and ensure all the custom fields included in your campaign are filled out correctly. If you see anything you’d like to update, just change the value and it will be saved. Remember that full email addresses will be visible only after accepting contacts.
If you changed your mind or noticed that you've accepted a prospect you don't want to contact, you can easily take them back to New:
Sometimes when you generate prospects in Growbots you find some prospects that would be a great fit for a different campaign but not so much for this one. You can easily move them from Prospecting view to Prospecting view in another campaign, so no charging yet. You can simply move, finish working on the current campaign, then go back to those moved prospects in other campaign and decide if you really want to accept them.
At this point, you will decide which email channel you want to use to send your campaign and when you want to start it. You can either use the email address(es) already connected or you can integrate a brand new one. A great feature is the ability to select as many email channels as you wish and set up daily limits for them (here's a separate article about it).
- Your prospects will be split up among all the addresses you choose. It means that if you schedule 1000 prospects and select 5 email channels, 200 messages will be sent from each of them.
- You will never exceed your daily limits and avoid being marked as spam. If you set a maximum of 200 messages for a channel a day and you schedule more, some of those emails will be scheduled on the next possible day, in accordance with your sequence timing.
Both of these features let you control your email channels and the number of messages sent from each of them on the daily basis which has a positive impact on your email health.
The next step is to decide when you want to start your campaign. You can:
- Check the box and start it immediately, which means that the initial message will be sent within a few minutes regardless the timing in your sequence.
- Choose a start date so that you can plan your campaigns for the future. This day (in this case Thursday) the system will check initial message's timing conditions and schedule initial message to be sent on the first possible day (including Thursday). You can read more about how timing works here.
When you’re ready to schedule your campaign, click next step and enjoy the positive replies coming from your prospects!