Growbots allows you to easily control how many messages a day are sent from your email channel. This feature is crucial since most email providers set a limit of messages that can be sent out within a day. This aspect is also crucial to protect your domain reputation. Check this article for more details. We usually recommend to contact your provider's support before setting up your daily sending limit.
You can control the volume of daily messages for all your email channels separately. There are two ways to change/set up your sending limit. To do so:
- Go to the 5th step of setting up a campaign (if you are not sure how to create a new campaign see this article) and enter the value under the email channel:
- Or go to Settings → Integrations → click on Edit under your email channel and then Next step to save the changes:
NOTE: Bear in mind that when you set an email limit, it will set for all your campaigns and not just the one you’re setting up.
There are also three situations when sending limits are not taken into account by the system:
- Automatic reschedule of Out of Office messages - daily sending limits won't be taken into account when the system automatically reschedules ooo replies from your prospects. Let's say your prospect will be back in the office on July 8 and your daily sending limit is full this day - the system will schedule this message to be sent on July 8 anyway. Do not worry though - these changes are usually very slight.
- Changes applied to a sequence that's already running - when you apply timing conditions changes to a sequence that's already running your daily sending limits won't be taken into account. Let's say you'd like 30 first follow-ups to be sent on Wednesday when your daily sending limit is already full instead of Tuesday - do not worry, there's no need to change your limits just for this particular case. You can easily change the timing conditions in the follow-up you'd like to send on Wednesday and it will be automatically scheduled for Wednesday, no matter how many messages have been already scheduled for this day.
Bear in mind that a campaign's flow is the most important thing for the system when scheduling, so daily sending limits for messages after the follow-up mentioned before won't be taken into account as well.
- Temporary sending errors - sometimes your email channel can experience undetected issues. As a result it's possible that your messages won't be send properly and will be marked as Temporary sending errors instead. It means that their status won't change to Sending error and this issue will only be visible in prospects' details. Each Temporary sending error message will be automatically rescheduled by the system. It's possible that the issue will fix itself and messages will be sent without any action from your side. Please bear in mind that Temporary sending errors rescheduling doesn't take daily sending limits into account.