Growbots allows you to add your email alias as a separate email channel.
NOTE: Please remember that sending from an alias will not increase the sending limits set by your email provider. The number of emails sent daily from the original address and the alias should be added and considered as a total number of emails that will be sent from the original email address.
Adding an alias (except Gmail)
- Go to Settings, choose Integrations tab and click OTHER
- Fill out the form as shown below:
Please see this article if you are unsure how to enter your SMTP/IMAP settings.
Adding Gmail alias
You can add a Gmail alias only when the parent account has 2 Factor Authentication enabled. In this article (Gmail section) you can find the exact instruction how to turn it on and generate special App password, which will be needed to connect the alias.
Your main account email@example.com and it has 2FA turned on.
- Go to the Settings, choose Integrations tab and click on OTHER
- Enter your alias (firstname.lastname@example.org in our case) in the Email field.
- Enter your main (parent) email (email@example.com in our case) in the IMAP Username field (please remember that SMTP uses same username and password as IMAP should be checked- just like in the screenshot).
- Enter your app password generated by Gmail into the IMAP Password field (if 2 Factor Authentication is enabled then you need to generate special app password, we'll describe how to do it in the section below).
- Fill out all other fields as normal:
That's it! Now you are able to send the messages not only from your original account, but also from its aliases.