If you’re using an email account with the two-step authentication (2FA) turned on, you’ll need to create an app password, by which you can connect your email channel to Growbots.
Here you can find instructions on how to connect such an email for some email providers:
Gmail + 2 Factor Authentication
If you’re using G-suite with the two-step verification (2FA) turned on, you’ll need to create an app password to connect your email to Growbots.
1. Turn 2FA on
1. Open Sign-in & Security section for your account.
2. Go to Signing in to Google section and choose 2-Step Verification:
3. Choose GET STARTED button and follow Gmail's instructions.
2. Generate App password
When you have enabled 2 Factor Authentication, then a special 16 characters app password is required. This password is generated by Gmail, please see details below:
- In Gmail, click on your avatar in the top right corner and head over to My Account, it will redirect you here: https://myaccount.google.com/
- You should see 3 tabs (could be more if you’re Gmail Suite admin), you need to find Sign in & Security tab, click on Signing in to Google which should redirect you here: https://myaccount.google.com/security
- You’ll see a Password & sign-in method section, there should be a list of methods along with App Passwords section, click on it and you should get redirected here: https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords (please note that you won’t see it when 2FA is turned off)
- You’ll be prompted to enter your password.
- In the App Passwords section you’ll see: Select the app and device you want to generate the app password for. There will be a Select app drop-down, you need to select Other (Custom name) and type Growbots
- Click on Generate and you should see something like this, just take the 16 characters password (it’s displayed as 4 sets of 4 characters separated by spaces, but they’re not part of the password) and enter it when connecting the new channel (alias)
3. Connect your email to Growbots
Once you have it, you'll need to use IMAP SMTP settings for Google and type the created password:
Office 365 + 2 Factor Authentication
If you’re using Microsoft Office 365 with the two-step verification (2FA) turned on, you’ll need to create an app password. Here you can check an instruction on how to create one.
Once you have it, you'll need to use IMAP SMTP settings for Office 365 and type the created password:
Outlook + 2 Factor Authentication
If you’re using Microsoft Outlook with the two-step verification (2FA) turned on, you’ll need to:
- Go to the Security basics page and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Select more security options.
- Under App passwords, select Create a new app password. A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.
- Enter this app password where you would enter your normal password along with regular Outlook SMTP/IMAP settings:
With this setup you will be able to use your Microsoft Outlook channel in Growbots!
Other email providers + 2 Factor Authentication
For other providers you have to create an app password just like in case of Google or Microsoft ones. Here are some instructions on that for some providers: