Mail-tester is a service that allows you to test numerous aspects of your email delivery system. It tests the health score of your email address, the configuration of your domain, as well as the content of the message itself. Knowing how all of those factors are perceived by the spam-filters gives you a comprehensive insight into the issues with deliverability of your communication and ways to resolve them.
When you hit the wall of spam-filters, it proves to be a blessing. However, it’s a good idea to use it regularly – just to keep your hand on the pulse.
How do you use it in order to get relevant information, though? Follow this short tutorial, to get the most out of Mail tester.
To get the most out of mail-tester, you’ll need to:
- use one of the messages that you actually send to your prospects,
- send it from the email address you use for outbound.
To achieve all that, you’ll need to:
- Go to the mail-tester website.
- Copy the email address generated for you by mail-tester. Keep in mind that a new email address is generated every time you refresh the page.
- Paste the address into your email's To: section and send one of the message's you'd like to send to your prospects to this address with the same subject line.
As for the next steps:
- Wait for the message to be sent. Once it is sent, go back to the mail-tester website.
- Make sure that the email address typed on the page is the one to which the test message was sent. If it’s not, you can paste the correct email address into the mail-tester website.
- Click the "check your score" button. You will be redirected to the results page.
To share the results, just copy the address of the results page and pass it on. Here you can check how to interpret them.