NOTE: If you have a CRM connected to Growbots, be mindful that importing prospects into Growbots could trigger that integration and update your current records. For example, if you exported your Salesforce leads and imported them to Growbots, the running campaign will update the leads in your Salesforce based on the configuration you have set up in Growbots.
In addition to the prospects that we provide, you might want to use prospects from sources other than Growbots. No issues there - you can import your own list and facilitate our email automation on prospects from outside of Growbots. Here’s how:
Step 1 - Create an Import campaign
- Create a CSV file. The only required field it needs to have is email, but we recommend including other fields, such as location, first_name, company. You can use this sample CSV file as a template or just look below to see an example of how the file can look like.
- Click Create new campaign button in the top right corner, name your campaign and choose the option to import your own prospects:
- Click Upload file, choose the CSV you’ve created and confirm your choice.
Step 2 - Import preview
You can quickly take a look at the data to make sure that you've chosen the right file for the importing.
Step 3 - Import mapping
In this step, you can change your mapping. Growbots will automatically match some of the headers in your file to fields in Growbots, but make sure to check if the matching's correct and adjust the field if necessary, like so:
NOTE: Make sure to import location data (preferably in a format "Europe/London", "America/New York") and choose location in Time zone field. Location is used for determining prospects’ time zone. If the field is empty the messages will be sent in PST.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to upload email addresses with gmail.com, yahoo.com or any not customized domain and use Company name custom field, please check this instruction first:
If you don't have a column with a domain name, we deduct it from the prospects' email address. If it's gmail.com, yahoo.com or any other uncustomized domain, you've probably imported someone with such "domain" before or now and assigned a company name XYZ to them. Now, this company name will be assigned to everyone with this "domain", as we need company domain to group prospects from the same company. It's necessary for (un)qualifying companies.
Here's the solution:
- Please open your file and add a column called "Company website" or "Domain"
- When mapping, please map column Company name from your CSV file with the Company name field and the new columns Website/Domain with Company domain in Growbots:
Step 4 - Import summary
This screen will include the information about the status of your import - whether your prospects imported and if not, which ones didn't and why. Here are the messages that you may encounter on this screen:
Successfully loaded to Growbots
Once the imported file is mapped, you will be given a summary of the import. Here are the possible messages about your import:
Everything is a-ok - your prospects have been imported!
Already loaded to Growbots
The prospects have either been imported before in some other campaign or you’ve generated them via Growbots in another campaign. You can import the prospects once again with updated data (if eg. something changed in the file), and they will disappear from the previous campaign, and appear in the new one. You need to:
- Unfold Please review the prospects and data to import option.
- Mark all the prospects and data that you want to be imported from the file.
- Make sure that the box by Update selected data option is ticked.
- Move to the next step by clicking on Go to prospects list.
NOTE: Updating prospect's company data will overwrite it for all prospects from this company, even the ones that are not in the uploaded file!
Required field missing
That means that some (or all) of your prospects are lacking email data in the file. If your file has email addresses, then review which header is mapped with email field when reimporting the file.
Prospects are missing time zone
When you import prospects to Growbots and include information about their location, we'll send messages in prospect's time zone. We're showing some extra information about missing time zones for prospects in the import summary. Thanks to that you'll be able to react quickly and add proper time zones before sending emails.
Step 5 - choose your prospects
In the next step you will be able to go through all your imported prospects and accept/reject them. You can read more about it in the next article!