In this article, you’ll find information about how your messages are scheduled in Growbots.
Before the app schedules a message it checks a few things:
- Your sending limits
- How many other messages are going to be sent on that day/period of time
- The “flow” of the campaign, the app will try to find the best period of time where the campaign can be sent according to timing you’ve set up in your sequence.
If you are scheduling a campaign and you pick “send immediately” option, but the sequence requirements cannot be met, then the app won’t send them immediately. The sequence requirements and sending limits are more important than the “send immediately feature”.
Example campaign schedule
Let’s say that you have a campaign with 3 steps:
- the initial message is going to be sent between Monday and Friday
- the second step after 3 days(between Thursday and Friday)
- the third step after 1 day from the second step(but the messages on this step can only be sent on Tuesdays)
Then the Timeline would look like this:
As you can see, the third step(which was going to be sent after 1 day) is actually going to be sent after 4 days.