Zapier is a platform that allows you to connect together over 1000 different apps. Thanks to this integration, you can push data from Growbots to many different platforms or pause your campaigns when a certain action is detected in another source. This is a huge step in automating sales processes.
To use our Zapier integration, you need to sign up or log in to Zapier. If you need only a limited number of functions, you can use the free account but you may need to upgrade if you start using more integrations.
Zapier integrations (Zaps) are built with two steps: trigger and action. The trigger is a specific activity in the app A, which should send information to Zapier. The action is something that should happen in app B when the trigger is received.
- New message: Triggers an action when prospect replies.
- First contact: Triggers an action when the first message is sent to a prospect.
- Unsubscribed: Triggers an action when a prospect clicks the unsubscribe link.
- Open: Triggers an action when a prospect opens an email.
- Click: Triggers an action when a prospect clicks a link.
- Qualify / Unqualify: Qualify or Unqualify a prospect or a company
- Pause Campaign: Pause a campaign for a prospect
How to connect Growbots to Zapier
To connect your Growbots account to Zapier, you need to add your Growbots API key in Zapier. You can find it in Settings -> Integrations. Click on the Zapier button.
You'll see the Zapier integration window below. Click on the API key and we will automatically copy the key.
You need to paste this key when you connect our app on your Zapier account. It's a pretty common solution so you may have seen this before or you'll use it in the future.
Example: Calendly <> Growbots integration
To show you how to create a Zap (integration between two apps), let's go through the process of integrating Growbots and Calendly, a popular app for scheduling meetings. We want to pause the campaign in Growbots when the prospect signs up for a call to make sure no more follow-ups are sent to this person. So in this case, the trigger should be the sign up in Calendly and the action pausing the campaign in Growbots. Let's create this Zap.
- First, log into your Zapier account and click on the Growbots invitation link. Accept the invite and click on Make a New Zap in Zaps section.
- Now you need to select the trigger app. Pick Calendly.
- Calendly requires API key to connect, just like Growbots. You can find it in the Integrations.
Next, go back to Zapier and paste the API key in the pop-up window.
- Select which activity should trigger the action in Growbots. In our case, you should pick Invitee Created
After this step, Zapier will run a test to see if the data is pulled correctly. Simply hit Continue and the trigger will be added.
- The second part of the Zap is Growbots action. Click on Add action and select Growbots.
- Now, you need to copy the API key from your Growbots account. Go to Settings -> Integrations and copy the API key from the Zapier window.
- Select which action you would like to add after someone signs up for a call with you.
We selected here Pause campaign but you can choose Qualify/Unqualify action. This will allow you not only to pause the campaign but also mark the prospect as qualified or qualify the entire company. In this second case, we would pause the communication to all prospects from this company and make sure you won't generate any new employee again.
- We need prospect's email address to find it in Growbots and perform the action. Select the field from Calendly that contains this data (Invitee email).
Once again, run the test of the connection and finish the Zap.
- The last step will ask you to name your Zap and turn it on.
Congrats! Your integration is now active. If you'd like to see the history of all actions triggered by this zap, enter Task history in Zapier.
This was just one example of many integrations that are possible with Zapier. You can push data about contacted prospects to your CRM, send notifications on Slack and many more. This integration can be used simultanously with our Hubspot or Salesforce integrations.