Sometimes after scheduling a campaign, you may change your mind and want the campaign to be sent out from another email channel or you want to change the sender of the messages since the person responsible for a campaign is no longer working in your company. Here’s how you can solve this problem.
Changing the sender before the initial message is sent
If the initial message has not been sent yet and the prospects are still on 0 step of the campaign (it’s called Before initial) you can easily change the sender of these messages. Here’s what you need to do:
- Click on the campaign you want to edit
- Filter prospects by Step -> 0 - before initial, then select all
- Click on Actions -> Transfer to another campaign
The pop-up window will ask you whether you’d like to transfer them to an existing campaign or a new one. What we recommend is choosing to transfer it to a new campaign - this will ensure that you don’t mix transferred prospects with the ones generated in this campaign.
- After a minute that is needed for the transfer to process go to Prospecting tab in the campaign where you have transferred the prospects and mark all prospects:
- The last thing you need to do is to move prospects back to the campaign that they’re from. Click on the white button and select campaign. This way you’ll be able to schedule messages to them from a different email channel.
Changing the sender of the messages when the initial message has been already sent
NOTE: We strongly recommend not using this option unless you are completely sure that it’s the only possible alternative. Once the prospect has already received the message from one email address it may seem very strange to get the rest of the campaign from a different email channel and in a new thread.
If you want to change the sender of the messages in a campaign where some of the messages have been already sent here is what you need to do. (Let’s name the original campaign - campaign A)
- First, check on which step of the campaign A the prospects are now. Let’s assume that our campaign has 3 steps and some prospects have already received two emails (step 2) and some of them got only the initial message (step 1). This way we need to divide these prospects into two separate campaigns -> one for prospects that are on the first step and one for those that have already got the second message.
- Having this in mind, go to the Messages tab in Growbots and find the sequence that you have been using in the original campaign. You need to clone messages that should be delivered next to the prospects and change them to be the Initial message category instead of the follow-up. It’s important because a sequence can begin only with a message with initial type and essentially, you want to start a new sequence which will contain only follow-ups. In our example, you should clone the 2nd and 3rd step in the sequence and change their type from a follow-up to initial email. Thanks to this action, you’ll be able to create two new sequences which will start with your follow-ups (now saved as initial emails).
- As we have cloned and changed the types of the messages next step will be creating the sequences that will use them. You need to prepare two sequences:
- Sequence to prospects who received only initial message: Add cloned version of your 1st original follow-up as the initial email and the 2nd original follow-up as the 2nd step.
- Sequence to prospects who received 2 emails: Add the cloned version of the 2nd original follow-up as the initial message.
- Next, go back to the original campaign and select prospects who have received the first step of the campaign (click on filter Step -> 1 Initial) and didn’t respond to your message (Status -> Contacted). Select all prospects on the list and click on Actions and Transfer to another campaign. Then you are finally able to create a new campaign! In our example, you would select the new sequence with two steps (both original follow-ups). Remember that in the Email accounts step of creating a campaign you need to choose a different email channel.
- Repeat the process for prospects who received 2 emails from you (Step-> 2) and haven’t replied (Status-> Contacted). This time you should use the sequence with only one message.
That's the whole process. In case you need any help with it, please let us know!