Thanks to the Google Sheets integration, you can track the data in an automatically updated external report.
In this article, we'll show you how to create a spreadsheet with information about your prospects who clicked on your links (and which links they clicked!). Why is it useful? This will help you find out which links are the most frequently chosen by recipients of your emails and analyze your messages to find the best space and text to add the link. If there’s a specific page you’d like to redirect them to, you can check if your call-to-action works and adjust the hyperlinked text or place the link in a different part of the email if it does not perform well.
You can connect your Google Sheet with Growbots using Zapier. If you haven't used Zapier before, check out our article for the first-time users.
Growbots click trigger
Start from adding the Trigger from Growbots.
- Pick Growbots as the Trigger App.
- Select the trigger Link Clicked.
If you haven't connected Growbots to Zapier yet, after this step you'll be asked to add the API key to your account. You can check out what the API key is and how to copy it here.
- Next, select Save and Continue. Zapier will run a test to check if data is sent correctly. We’re sending our test data here so don’t worry if you see a campaign name or prospect that never showed up on your account. When you see the screen with the Sample hit Continue and your Trigger will be successfully added.
Now you need to decide where you would like to see the information about the link.
To connect Google Sheets, you need to create a dedicated spreadsheet and worksheet with column names reflecting the data you’d like to sync. In this example, we added columns Email, URL and Text to track who clicked on the link, what the URL was and what was hyperlinked.
- Add Google Sheets as the Action App. Google Apps does not require the API key, you can simply use your Google login to add this app.
- Select the Action Create Spreadsheet Row. This action will add a row to your spreadsheet whenever the Growbots click happens.
- Select Save and Continue. Zapier will run a test for Google Sheets as well.
- Select the spreadsheet and data you’d like to send. Let’s see our example. We created the spreadsheet named Zapier for this integration and worksheet named click to track clicks. The plus button in each field allows you to add data from Growbots to the message.
Data mapped to our columns:
- Email = Prospect’s Email
- URL = URL
- Text = Value (hyperlinked text)
- Next, Zapier will send the sample data to your spreadsheet to test the entire integration. You can double check it by entering the sheet.
- That's it! You just need to name this Zap and turn it on.
If you'd like to monitor any other data (like replies or unsubscribes), you can change the trigger for the integration and create your customized report.
This was just one example of many integrations that are possible with Zapier. There are many other integrations you can accomplish! We would love to hear what works for you! Please feel free to give us any feedback or ask for assistance.