If you use Slack on a regular basis, you know how it can help in tracking new updates in your team. Wouldn't it be useful to get notifications about important events in your campaigns?
Sometimes timing is everything in cold mailing. The one thing that definitely is time-sensitive is maintaining conversations with your prospects. When someone replies to your cold email, you should do your best to answer as fast as possible to keep their interest. You can add notifications to Slack to make sure you react as soon as possible. All messages in one place will be especially useful if you use more than one email account for the outreach.
If you use more than one app for your outbound sales, it may be also a good idea to use notifications to gather people who unsubscribe from your campaigns. Once you receive a message about someone who unsubscribed, you can blacklist them in your other platforms.
You can connect Slack with Growbots using Zapier. If you haven't used Zapier before, check out our article for the first-time users.
NOTE: You can create similar notifications for your email address or any other application you use on regular basis.
Start from adding the Trigger from Growbots.
- Pick Growbots as the Trigger App.
- Select the right trigger. We selected New Message Received to track all new replies, then choose Continue.
- Choose your Growbots account from the picklist and select Continue.
- Next, Zapier will run a test to check if data is sent correctly. We’re sending our test data here so don’t worry if you see a campaign name or prospect that never showed up on your account. Just check if the data is in it's right positions (eg. if there is no email address in Prospect's City field) When you see the screen with the Sample, hit Continue and your Trigger will be successfully added.
NOTE: If you'd like to monitor any other data (like replies or unsubscribes), you can change the trigger for the integration and create your customized notification.
Now you need to decide where you would like to see the information about the message.
- Add Slack as the Action App. To connect Slack you don’t need the API key, you can simply log in.
- Pick the specific action you’d like to use and select Continue. We decided to send a message to the channel dedicated for Zapier notifications whenever a prospect replies.
- Select your Slack account from the picklist and choose Continue.
- Now, you need to decide where the notification will be sent, what its content will be and other Slack settings. We selected the dedicated zapier channel and created a short message. Each field allows you to add data from Growbots to the message. In this example, we used: Prospect’s Email, Channel Email & Message Body.
You can use much more detailed options to decide from whom the message will be sent if you’d like to mention someone etc. (these settings are not required). After setting all the details, choose Continue.
- Next, Zapier will send the sample data to your Slack channel to test the entire integration. You can double check it by entering the sheet, then select Test & Continue.
- That’s it! You just need to name this Zap and turn it on.
This was just one example of many integrations that are possible with Zapier. There are many other integrations you can accomplish! We would love to hear what works for you! Please feel free to give us any feedback or ask for assistance.